JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Intermediate Aquarium with LED Lighting Review
JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Intermediate Aquarium with LED Lighting Feature
- LED Illumination: High intensity LED lighting offers the ability to dramatically increase PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) which designates the spectral range from 400 - 700 nanometers for the growth of photosynthetic organisms while lowering energy input.
- Beautifully Efficient: The 27 watt LED system provides enough light for soft corals (LED lights are more efficient per watt than compact fluorescent or T5 HO lights). Since LEDs turn on to full brightness without having to warm up, you can instantly light up your aquariums without the wait. These revolutionary diodes radiate heat upwards and away from the water to reduce unwanted heat transfer that can be detrimental for aquarium livestock.
- Water is directed into a 3-Stage filter media basket, which comes installed with a mechanical sponge, chemical activated carbon and biological ceramic rings. The 3-Stage filter media basket can host a variety of chemical medias to suit your needs. Cleaning is especially easy since all you have to do is lift up on the basket handle and watch the water drain out the bottom for a simple and dry filter change. All baskets have a sliding door for added convenience.
- Once the water leaves the filter basket water is split to the designated heater column (heater not included) to the left and the counter current, air-driven protein skimmer to the right. The area that contains the heater, protein skimmer and 3-Stage Filter media basket always has a constant water level.
- Once the water is heated and skimmed, the water overflows into the pump water columns. Water is directed back into the main body of the aquarium via (2) UL-Listed Accela Pumps rated at 266gph at a low energy draw of 16W. The Nano Cube HQI also includes the Ocean Pulse Duo Wavemaker, which creates turbulent currents for a more natural reef environment. Your wavemaker can be set from 10 seconds to 6 minute alternating cycles. Water is returned via (2) directional return nozzles on each side of the center overflow for even natural currents.